- Once a wonderful place, where great hackers strove to discuss mighty deeds
done on real computers, this newsgroup has sadly decayed somewhat in recent
years. With the advent of the minions of the Dark Lord and the even Darker
Lord fighting over their respective toy OSs, the flames have overcome
the real discussion. Though the fight is still going on, many of the eldar
hackers have dispaired of the net, fleeing the shores of AFC for good
(some have come here). Sic transit gloria mundi.
Still worth a read, just be sure to have a kill file.
- The moderated version of afc, this is actually alive now, and seems active.
- ...the jargon file
- Not _particularly_ sysadmin related, this is rather a document on the
general computer lore. May be found
here. There is an older,
version in Sweden.
If you want to look up something, say gurka, you look at
- For some reason, there seems to be a large amount of synergy between the
followers of the eternal Mr. Pratchett and ourselves. You be the judge.
- "a hillariously poorly propagated newsgroup that hardly anybody is ever
likely to read."